Part of our Spring Healthy Lifestyles range of recipes.
Fancy a wholesome breakfast? Are your children missing our Spring menu? We’ve shared some of our favourites and now it’s time for our extra special breakfast cups – so simple and yummy – introducing your children to new veggies.
You can adjust these and add whatever veggies you would like, these are great for breakfast and on the go snacks for those busy mornings in the garden or for your daily walk.
The Ingredients – makes 5
8 – 10 sprigs fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 1800C/360F/Gas mark 4
- Beat the egg, roughly chop the mushrooms and parsley
- Add the mushrooms to the beaten egg and divide the mixture between the non-stick (or lightly oiled) muffin tray holes.
- Sprinkle each cup with parsley
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and the eggs are cooked through and not runny.
- Turn them out on to a rack and allow to cool a little before serving.
Serving suggestion: serve with wholemeal toast with spread and tomatoes
Children 1 – 4 years: typical portion size is about 65g
Allergy information: contains egg
Preparation time: 10 minnutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes